Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
HF&H’s mission and core values guide us in how we serve our clients
Our mission is to provide environmentally, economically and socially responsible planning, financial, and management consulting assistance to achieve our clients’ vision of a sustainable future.
WE OPERATE THE FIRMResponsibly, with integrity and committed to public service.
WE SERVE OUR CLIENTSExceptionally, with a focus on each engagement's objectives and an understanding of the client's broader goals.
WE RELATE TO EACH OTHERPositively, supporting our professional development and providing opportunity for personal rewards.
In 1989, HF&H was established by three partners with the desire to provide specialized consulting solutions to local governments in two practice areas ─ recycling and solid waste services, and water, wastewater, and stormwater services. As consultants, we provide environmentally-responsible economic, financial, strategic planning, and management consulting services. For nearly 30 years, HF&H has remained committed to its core value to serve clients exceptionally and with integrity. Through these on-going commitments, HF&H has become California’s first choice and recognized leader among municipal agencies for high-quality consulting services.
Our focus has primarily been on serving municipal agencies in California, although we have provided consulting services in other states and are actively looking beyond California to assist agencies nationwide. Firm leadership is provided by six partners, including two founding partners – Robert Hilton and John Farnkopf – and four additional partners – Laith Ezzet, Rick Simonson, Marva Sheehan, and Rob Hilton.
The HF&H DifferenceWhen local agencies have problems or needs related to recycling, solid waste, water, and wastewater services, they hire HF&H for a few key reasons:
- Our team of recognized leaders in our consulting field
- Our customized approach, analytical models, and solutions that address each client uniquely
- Our reputation for objective, fact-based solutions
- Our commitment to conducting professional, thorough, and detailed analysis to support our findings and recommendations
- Our pledge to deliver high-quality services responding quickly and personally to clients, meeting timelines, and delivering work products that exceed expectations