Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
New SB 1383 Grant Funding Approved!
July 26, 2023
HF&H is excited to announce that CalRecycle has recently approved the criteria for the SB 1383 Local Assistance Grant program. This non-competitive grant program offers eligible entities a base grant award of $75,000, with remaining funding distributed on a per capita basis. CalRecycle anticipates that grant applications will be released in September, with a November due date. This is a fantastic opportunity for eligible entities to receive funding and support for their SB 1383 programs.
- Eligible Applicants: Cities, Counties, City and County, Regional Agencies, Joint Powers Authorities, and Special Districts that provide solid waste collection services.
- Eligible Project Types: Collection; Education and Outreach; Edible Food Recovery; Capacity Planning; Procurement; Recordkeeping; Enforcement and Inspection; and Program Evaluation/Gap Analysis.
- Project Pre-Requisites: Applicants must certify they have both of the following:
- an ordinance or similar enforceable mechanism to enforce SB 1383 requirements
- a current approved Grant Resolution (note that Payment Program Resolutions will not be accepted)
Eligible entities should act now to verify your agency meets these project requirements.
The previous round of SB 1383 grant funding was crucial for helping agencies commence their SB 1383 compliance planning and organics collection services. And now, with an expanded project eligibility opportunity, the second round of funding is here to help you staff, build, and implement SB 1383 programming and enforcement systems. This funding comes at a critical point for public agencies, especially with additional SB 1383 requirements effective in 2024. Act now and secure your agency’s funding for a successful SB 1383 implementation! Please refer to CalRecycle’s SB 1383 homepage for more information.
Jurisdictions looking to secure funding and implement SB 1383 can count on HF&H for comprehensive support at every stage with ease and expertise. Our team is experienced in supporting public agencies each step of the way, including:
- SB 1383 enforcement protocol development and tools
- Franchise management and negotiations
- Program evaluation and implementation plans
- Edible food recovery capacity planning and system assessments
- Ordinance and resolution development
- Recordkeeping and reporting systems
- Education, outreach, and technical assistance
- Procurement strategies
- Capacity planning and facility system assessments
- CALGreen and MWELO compliance programs
- Grant application support
With our recently expanded staff capacity, HF&H is ready to support even more local agencies with their SB 1383 needs. With our expert support, you can minimize impacts on your staff and focus on other urgent tasks, while ensuring a smooth SB 1383 implementation.
Don’t wait for the expanded requirements taking effect in 2024 to catch you off guard. Contact HF&H today for reliable and comprehensive support for your SB 1383 implementation needs.