Speak to a consultant
Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
Events & Presentations
back to Resources
Success in Negotiating High Diversion Programs
November 15, 2015
SWANA Webinar Presenters: Peter Deibler, Senior Manager; Tracy Swanborn, Senior Manager
Are your municipal staff planning new or modified zero waste programs for a pending RFP? Are you interested in making mid-contract program additions or other changes to enhance diversion? This presentation helps you plan and execute a process to achieve the best results, drawing on the recent experiences of influential California cities such as San Jose, Mountain View, Palo Alto and Daly City, as well as other jurisdictions.
The presentation addresses questions such as:
- What makes a zero waste or high diversion RFP different from other RFPs?
- What can I do to maximize the opportunity that new programs can offer?
- When in the process should I plan for stakeholder input?
- Why should I use an RFP in a sole source negotiation?
- How should I shape the RFP to get the programs I want now, as well as those I may want later?
- How can I best manage, and minimize financial and rate risk in a way that’s fair both to my jurisdiction and to the service provider?
- How can I best plan for program changes during the contract?
- How can I best create partnerships with service providers?