Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
City of Garden Grove
AB 341 Technical Assistance (2018-Present)
In 2018, HF&H was assisting the City of Garden Grove to negotiate an organics program with Republic Services. During this work, the City received a letter from CalRecycle stating that their City was facing a compliance order for not implementing their AB 341 plan. The City retained HF&H under a separate contract to assist with AB 341 technical assistance to increase compliance with AB 341.
Some of the technical assistance provided by HF&H includes:
- Developed AB 341 public education and outreach including surveys, non-compliance letters, informational letters from the City, etc.;
- Contacting survey responders via telephone and email to document and verify third party diversion tonnage and educate commercial and multi-family customers on AB 341;
- Ongoing development of a third party diversion tracking and monitoring database for CalRecycle reporting;
- Providing ongoing status updates of calls and contacts to City staff;
- Negotiated a recycling cart rate with the City’s franchised hauler to provide recycling service for space constrained customers.
- CalRecycle reported to the City in February 2019 that they would be receiving a good faith effort and would avoid a compliance order.