Speak to a consultant
Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
back to case studies
City of Bell Gardens
Contract & Diversion Programs (2011-Present)
The City of Bell Gardens’ residential sector is served under an exclusive franchise agreement. The City’s commercial and multi-family sector is served by several haulers under non-exclusive competitive franchise agreements. The City of Bell Gardens retained HF&H to monitor hauler contract compliance, assist with AB 939 and AB 341 compliance, and provide ongoing solid waste consulting assistance.
HF&H provides ongoing consulting services that address all areas of Bell Garden’s solid waste services. These services have included the following:
- Reviewing the haulers’ operational and financial data to ensure proper payment of city fees and reporting of tonnage.
- Reviewing rate increase requests submitted by the exclusive franchised hauler on an annual basis.
- Developing measures to ensure compliance with the State’s mandatory recycling programs and providing updates to City Council.
- Preparing AB 939 Annual Reports.
- Developing construction and demolition diversion procedures and documents to ensure compliance with the CalGreen building code.
- Recovered unpaid city fees.
- Worked with each hauler on an individual basis to ensure compliance with the mandatory commercial recycling regulation.
- Ensured hauler compliance – meetings between HF&H, the haulers, and the City ensured compliance with all of the requirements of the solid waste and recycling collection contract.