Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
April 1, 2022 CalRecycle SB 1383 Initial Compliance Report Requirement
January 28, 2022
Initial Jurisdiction Compliance Report
Pursuant to 14 CCR Section 18994.1: Each jurisdiction shall report to the Department (CalRecycle) on its implementation and compliance with the requirements of this chapter. Each jurisdiction shall report to the Department by April 1, 2022 the following information:
(1) A copy of ordinances or other enforceable mechanisms adopted pursuant to this chapter.
(2) The reporting items identified in Section 18994.2(b), which include the following relative to the jurisdiction’s implementation of SB 1383 organic waste collection requirements:
- The type of organic waste collection service(s) provided by the jurisdiction to its generators.
- The total number of generators that receive each type of organic waste collection service provided by the jurisdiction.
- If the jurisdiction is implementing an organic waste collection service that requires transport of the contents of containers to a high diversion organic waste processing facility, the jurisdiction shall identify the Recycling and Disposal Reporting System number of each facility that receives organic waste from the jurisdiction.
- If the jurisdiction allows placement of compostable plastics in containers pursuant to Section 18984.1 or 18984.2, the jurisdiction shall identify each facility that has notified the jurisdiction that it accepts and recovers that material.
- If the jurisdiction allows organic waste to be collected in plastic bags and placed in containers pursuant to Section 18984.1 or 18984.2 the jurisdiction shall identify each facility that has notified the jurisdiction that it can accept and remove plastic bags when it recovers source separated organic waste.
(3) The following contact information:
- The name, mailing address, phone number, and email address of the employee of the jurisdiction that the jurisdiction has designated as the primary contact person for the purposes of receiving communications regarding compliance with this chapter.
- The name and address of the agent designated by the jurisdiction for the receipt of service of process from the Department for the purposes of enforcement of this chapter if different from (A) above.