Get a free consultation to discuss your needs
March 11, 2022
We invite applications for the position of: Proposal Coordinator
Why Consider HF&H Consultants?
HF&H has a mission-driven, collaborative, tightly knit, small company culture that values work-life balance. We provide recycling and solid waste, water, and wastewater consulting services exclusively to public agencies. Our services include planning, performance reviews, competitive procurements, negotiations, contract management, financial and compliance auditing, rate and fee studies, and litigation support. The success of our firm has been built on providing excellent client service and leadership to clients in particularly challenging situations.
What You Will Do
The successful candidate will work under the direction of senior staff members, in a team atmosphere, to support our work for our municipal clients related to their management of environmental programs.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for supporting staff with general office duties such as using Microsoft Word to proofread, format, and finalize reports and proposals (to include occasionally physically printing, binding, and overnighting reports and proposals), using PowerPoint to prepare presentations, data entry, updating contacts and leads in our database, organizing and filing work papers, preparing overnight packages, ordering supplies, ordering occasional meals for meetings, setting up a laptop and projector for in-office meetings, calling client contacts to gather survey information, and answering the main office telephone.
The successful Proposal Coordinator will perform tasks like:
- Proofread, format, and finalize correspondence, proposals, and reports. Requires use of Word, PowerPoint, some Excel, Acrobat, Canva.
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and client presentations
- Provide basic clerical support (e.g., light telephone/reception coverage; copy, bind, transmit correspondence and reports; prepare mail and overnight packages for staff, as needed; etc.)
- Keep client contact database current with annual directory publications
- Printing and organizing marketing materials for trade shows or events several times per year
- Coordinating with building and/or parking management for requested services
- Perform telephone surveys
- Maintain office appearance
- Other related duties, as assigned
What You Will Gain
HF&H places a high value on investing in our team. One of our core values is that “we relate to each other positively, supporting our professional development and providing opportunity for personal rewards.”
What You Bring
- Expert-level proofreading and Word skills (TOC, formatting, etc.)
- High level of PowerPoint skills, basic understanding of Excel
- Must be able to work independently with moderate supervision
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in a professional office environment
- Diplomatic, tactful, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, friendly, emotionally mature, and professional
- Able to work effectively with multiple supervisors, balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Inquisitiveness balanced with a sense of significance
Bonus Points (highly desirable)
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Prior work experience with a professional services organization
- Prior experience in the recycling and solid waste industry in California
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Generally, the hours will be eight hours per day (M-F), as mutually agreed [for example, from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (one hour lunch)]. This position does not currently require regular in-office work until after May 1, 2022 (unless otherwise directed). At the present time, most of the work can be done remotely. However, periodic in-office presence will be required to check the mail, physically produce documents, etc. This is a full-time, regular position and is eligible for health insurance, dental insurance, and other benefits. You may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus of up to 20% of your pay (performance based), and will also be invited to off-site staff retreats and social events each year (attendance is optional).
Are You Ready? Apply Today!
Submit your cover letter and resume to HF&H today! Tell us how we might be a good fit. Submissions without a cover letter may not be considered. Please provide a valid email address and telephone number on your resume and cover letter. You cover letter should include your salary requirement and preferred work hours. Application materials will be screened on a continuous basis. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early!
Candidates with the most relevant qualifications will be invited into the interview process with HF&H. Any resultant offer of employment may be conditioned on the results of professional and personal reference checks, which we will not conduct without prior approval of the candidate. Depending on the number and quality of applicants, HF&H reserves the right to modify this process at its sole discretion.
The Fine Print
This is an at-will position and, as such, can be released at any time without notice and for any reason. Prior to hire, candidates will be required to successfully complete performance assessments, reference checks, verification of academic performance, and any other due diligence HF&H deems appropriate prior to making an offer for employment. Candidates with a disability who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or assessment process should advise the hiring manager upon submittal of an application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. HF&H is an equal opportunity employer.